Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thing 2

I have been all over the place reading blogs and I do mean all over the place. Wow. I explored the Delicious tags to narrow my search to school librarians and am amazed by the countries represented. So many from the UK, Sudan, Thailand, Canada? Wow. As I stated in my previous post, I earlier participated in 23 Things Kansas which was cool to connect with librarians in my own state, but this is awesome! It is good to hear about librarians in other states who face the same issues ie. blocking websites, the perception of librarians, budget cuts, etc. I was impressed with A Cloud Clearless Sky in Scotland who is definitely not a newbie to blogging. Love the name The Lucky Librarian in South Carolina - "Lucky to be teaching children to love reading and technology". So refreshing. And "Coming Together in the Library" from Virginia - we are all coming together through our learning in 23 Things.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there - your title caught my eye when I was investigating thing 2 (I am so far behind!). I am in HE but wanted to investigate other similar libraries - you have the students before us. Glad to see you are giving a 23 things another go. I finished the cam23 things last year and now trying the cpd23 but slipping behind. I am trying wordpress this time (The body in the library) over blogger but struggling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'M glad to know that someone else is far behind. I tend to do much better with a set schedule, but will continue to try!! Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just jumped in (way late) and also chose to narrow my search to school libraries for Thing 2. Yes, this helped with the overwhelming number of links. Great blog title! I'm late, but very much looking forward to catching up and creating a professional digital presence. Quick request--Would you add hyperlinks to the blogs you mentioned in this post? Thanks and much luck to you as you prepare for a new school year. http://bookatarian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete