Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Online Meetings

I went to the BCR site and viewed an archived webinar called "Google Drive-by: Google Books and Google Scholar". It was conducted by Shelly Drumm and Lisa Holmberg. It was a 50 minute webinar and yes, I thought the information that they gave was good and useful.


I have actually attended a couple of webinars in the past year and have conducted one with a colleague. Linworth Publishing Company sponsors several of these each semester, however, they are a little expensive unless several people go in together. Our district doesn't pay anymore for traveling outside the district so I think this is a viable option. I can see these becoming more and more popular in the future. It's a great way to share with each other and I especially like the archived ones. Just as in an online class, you can attend with your jammies on at anytime night or day.

No comments:

Post a Comment